Wet and dry vacuums help you get that sloppy mess under control
Just because the salesman tells you that it is okay to clean out spills and liquid messes with your new vacuum does not mean that you should. Before doing any similar activity, it is best to check out if the cleaning equipment you have is actually a wet dry vac or not. If the vacuum cleaner is not designed for liquid messes, any amount of moisture that it takes in can cause major damage – and you will never be able to use it again.
How do you look for the right wet dry vac for you? Here are some tips:
Suction Power and Capacity
A wet dry vac often comes with a more powerful suction ability because of the nature of the dirt and debris that it needs to clean up. There are some machines that come with a huge capacity and can still have adequate suction power. There are others though that have a smaller capacity and could not suck as much. Determine what you need the wet dry vac for and see how much capacity you need and if you can sacrifice suction power along with it.
If you are using a wet dry vac in a workshop, it would usually require huge hoses that can suck up larger debris such as wood chips and shavings. Using smaller hoses may end up problematic because they are more likely to clog up. There are also models that come with extra long hoses but it may sacrifice suction power along with it.
Find one that is just enough to meet your needs so you can get a model that is able to suck most dirt and debris that are commonly found in your space but can still have a strong suction power for all your needs.
Ease of Emptying Contents
Vacuuming your dirt using a wet dry vac is just one part of the equation. You have to remember that you will need to take out all the dirt that you have collected and throw them out into the trash. Another important consideration when looking for a vacuum cleaner is if it can provide ease in emptying out the contents or if it would mean another mess once you take out the dust bag or bin out of the machine.
Of course, make sure that your wet dry vac is actually able to suck in both solid and liquid messes or you might end up with a damaged machine.
Our top 3 favorite wet and dry vacuum cleaners
A wet dry vacuum is something that every homeowner should have. They are the best way to clean up big messes in the garage, laundry room and even the car. This type of vacuum just makes life easier. They are sometimes referred to as “shop vacuums” because they are often found in workshops. They are an easy way to suck up wet messes without fear that you are going to cause damage to the vacuum.
Wet dry vacuum reviews can help you to determine which brand will work best for your budget and your needs. We have reviewed many different brands and have come up with the top 3. We looked at function, user reviews and pricing to determine what the top 3 options are.
Craftsman 6 Gallon Wet Dry Vac
First off Craftsman is a name that is well known in professional circles for producing superior tools and equipment. This wet dry vac has received great wet/dry vacuum reviews from most users. It is ideal for small to medium cleanup activities. The Craftsman name means that you are getting a vacuum that you can depend on. What we love: it is affordable, portable and easy to use. Of course we also love that it is a Craftsman because the brand has a stellar reputation for providing great reliable tools.
Shop-Vac 9689400 5.5-Peak HP Ultra Pro Wet or Dry Vacuum with Built-In Pump, 14-Gallon
This vacuum is a beast. It has a nice sized receptacle and offers a powerful motor to boot. The wet/dry vacuum reviews on this model has been great. It offers you everything that you could want in a wet dry vacuum and then some. This is a great machine for any size mess. What we love: it is an affordable powerhouse that is ideal in any setting because of that nice 14 gallon sized receptacle. It comes highly recommended by most users.
Shop-Vac 5986000 5-Gallon 4.5 Peak HP Stainless Steel Wet Dry Vacuum
This is another awesome option. The stainless steel interior is a big selling point because it is super durable and never rusts. This is a reliable option that will easily meet the needs of any homeowner. It cleans up small to medium size spills, it is well-made, durable and affordable. What we love: we loved that it has a stainless steel interior. We loved the function and the price. It is a great value!
Wet and Dry Vacuum Cleaner – Top 10 Ways to Use One
A lot of possibilities were unlocked when the wet and dry vacuum cleaner was produced. The wet and dry vacuum cleaner can also be called shop vac and there are a whole lot of ways you can use it. It can be used to remove wet messes (like small spills or floods from excessive rain) as well as dry materials (like debris, dust, dirt and their likes). In this article, the focus will be on the various ways to use a wet and dry Vacuum cleaner. These several ways are as follows:
The wet and dry vacuum cleaner can be used to clean your carpet.
There are three types of cleaning that can be done on the carpet and they are vacuum dry cleaning, vacuum wet cleaning and high-pressure cleaning. The method of cleaning to apply depends on the kind of unwanted material on the carpet.
Rugs can be cleaned with the help of a wet and dry vacuum cleaner.
Cleaning a rug is a very difficult task, especially when dealing with very thick rugs. This is why the wet and dry vacuum cleaner is useful for this task as many other types of a vacuum cleaner cannot really be used for thick rugs.
- You can use wet and dry vacuum cleaner to keep your stairs clean.
- This is possible because it has a long hose that allow you to position the wet and dry cleaner on a static position and get to every part of the stairs with the hose.
- Your sofas and chairs and many other pieces of furniture can also be cleaned with the help of a wet and dry vacuum cleaner.
- Your sofas and chairs are mostly very dirty because they are used by so many different people all the time, especially the little ones. This is no issue if you have a wet and dry vacuum cleaner which can be easily used to clean them up.
- You can remove dry dirt and dust from your curtains with the help of a wet and dry vacuum cleaner because of its ability to do vacuum dry cleaning.
- Another way you can use the wet and dry vacuum cleaner is in removing cobwebs from walls and other valuable.
- Your garage is one area that contains lots of dirt such as dust and cobwebs most times and with the aid of the long hose in a wet and dry vacuum cleaner, you can remove all these dirt.
- You can also use your wet and dry vacuum cleaner to do the vacuum cleaning of your car and save some cash. After all, no one can really clean your things better than yourself.
- You can use the blowing ability of the wet and dry vacuum cleaner to blow the grass clippings off your sidewalks.
- If you own a boat, you could also use your wet and dry vacuum cleaner to clean up the dirt in it.
With all these different ways you can use a wet and dry vacuum cleaner, it can be seen that it is an essential machine to have at home.